Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Armor of God




Everyday life is full of activities, work, and family, mixed with the constant bombardment of influence, pressure and ideas from the people we encounter and the people we want relationship with. It’s a constantly changing bustle of routine blending with the unpredictable. We learn to expect the unexpected… but we don’t always like or welcome the disruptions that bring fear, trouble, pain, worry, or the unknown.

Life is too hard to handle on our own. An important promise we have from God as part of our covenant relationship with Him is protection in the spiritual realm when we put on the armor of God Paul teaches about in the sixth book of Ephesians. The Bible often warns against underestimating our enemy, the demonic forces determined to accuse and persecute God’s children. I will explain this in more detail in a later post.

The Bible teaches us to put on the armor of God every day to fight against the evil strategies of the accuser, the devil. This is the prayer I say each day. It is a combination of scripture passages adapted in first person and other prayers. I invite you to join me and armor up each day before you move on with your other activities. It will not only help protect you from some unwanted unknowns, but it will help you grow in your relationship with your Heavenly Father. You will be obedient to His instructions He provides in His Word and gain a deeper understanding of His love for you. He doesn’t want us to live in fear. He wants us to know He is walking right beside us and taking on the enemies that are too big for us to handle.

Lord, as I prepare to engage the enemy, Your Word gives me instruction on the rules of spiritual warfare. Please help me heed Your instructions and not become an unnecessary casualty of war. In preparation, I declare my spirit man is clad with the armor of the Lord and the armor of Light.
To live like this is all the more urgent, for time is running out and you know it is a strategic hour in human history. It is time for us to wake up! For our full salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

Night’s darkness is dissolving away as a new day of destiny dawns. So we must once and for all strip away what is done in the shadows of darkness, removing it like filthy clothes. And once and for all we clothe ourselves with the radiance of light as our weapon. We must live honorably, surrounded by the light of this new day, not in the darkness of drunkenness and debauchery, not in promiscuity and sensuality, not being argumentative or jealous of others.

Instead fully immerse yourselves into the Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, and don’t waste even a moment’s thought on your former identity to awaken its selfish desires. 
Romans 13: 11-14
Now my beloved ones, I saved these most important truths for last: I am supernaturally infused with strength through my life-union with the Lord Jesus. I stand victorious with the force of His explosive power flowing in and through me.

I put on God’s complete set of armor provided for me, so I am protected as I fight against the evil strategies of the accuser! My hand-to-hand combat is not with human beings, but with the highest principalities and authorities operating in rebellion under the heavenly realms. They are a powerful class of demon-gods and evil spirits that hold this dark world in bondage.

Because of this, I must wear all the armor God provides so I’m protected as I confront the slanderer, for I’m destined for all things and will rise victorious.

I put on truth as a belt to strengthen me to stand in triumph. I put on holiness as the protective armor that covers my heart. I stand on my feet alert, always ready to share the blessings of peace.

In every battle, I take faith as my wrap-around shield, for it is able to extinguish the blazing arrows coming at me from the evil one! I embrace the power of salvation’s full deliverance, like a helmet to protect my thoughts from lies. I take the mighty razor-sharp Spirit-sword of the spoken Word of God.

I pray passionately in the Spirit, as I constantly intercede with every form of prayer at all times. I pray the blessings of God on all His believers.

I take power given to me by Jesus Christ over all the power of the enemy. Christ commanded the host even as a righteous man when He was being judged by the Sanhedrin. He said, if I wanted to, I could call the army of heaven to fight on My behalf. As an heir with Christ, I have the right to do the same. 
Ephesians 6: 10-19 
Luke 10: 18-19 says, Jesus replied, “While you were ministering, I watched satan topple until he fell suddenly from heaven like lightning to the ground. Jesus imparted to me all His authority to trample over satans kingdom. I trample on every demon before me and overcome every power satan possesses. Absolutely nothing can harm me as I walk in this authority.
I put on the breastplate of righteousness to protect my heart, chest cavity and vital organs. I function and conduct my life affairs according to Your original plan and purpose for me. I surrender myself to God to be His sacred, living sacrifice, and live in holiness, experiencing all that delights His heart, making this my genuine expression of worship. It protects my reputation and my heart. I gird my loins with truth, it protects my integrity. I put on my feet the sandals of the Gospel of Peace to guide my every step. I put on the helmet of salvation to renew my mind daily. It protects me from negative thoughts that would derail Your purpose and plans for me. I raise the shield of faith before every fiery dart of the enemy. It secures my future and destiny. With the Word I take up the sword of the Lord to speak God’s Word out loud to grant me dominion and authority against the powers of hell. In the precious name of Jesus, I withstand in the evil day, triumphant because of my Lord and King, Jesus Christ! I walk in the authority of my risen and reigning savior, Jesus Christ. I am supernaturally infused with strength through my life-union with the Lord Jesus. I stand victorious with the force of His explosive power flowing in and through me. I am destined for all things and rise victorious. I pray passionately in the Spirit, constantly interceding with every form of prayer at all times. I pray the blessings of God on all His believers. I trample on every demon before me and overcome every power satan possesses.

I live with the confidence there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate me from God’s love. I’m convinced His love will triumph over death, life’s troubles, fallen angels, or dark rulers in the heavens. There is nothing in my present or future circumstances that can weaken His love. There is no power above me or beneath me—no power that could ever be found in the universe that can distance me from God’s passionate love, lavished on me through my Lord Jesus, the Anointed One!
Romans 8: 38-39.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Embracing Grace

As a Christian, what does your salvation mean? What are you forgiven for? What is a relationship with God? When God says He forgives you and...