Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Celebrating Communion


This is the prayer I pray when I take communion in my home. I take this very seriously as I view myself participating in the new covenant Jesus came to die for. I offer explanation and Biblical context for this in a separate blog post titled Do this in Remembrance of Me. I urge you to please read it first. Feel free to use the following prayer as a starting point for your own communion celebration.

Precious Father, King Jesus, Holy Spirit, You are welcome here. I make my requests to the Father, in the name of Jesus, and by the power of Holy Spirit. Father, if there is anything in me keeping me separate from You, please show me. Holy Spirit of God, I ask You to pray through me, anoint me with Holy Oil and the purity of Your Spirit. Let the words of my mouth be pleasing to You Lord. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Prepare me to receive Your body and blood as I remember You. Heavenly Father, I approach the throne of grace in the name and through the blood of Jesus Christ Your only begotten Son. Beloved Father, Your Word says if I confess my sins, You are faithful and just to forgive my sin and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1: 9.

Lord please forgive me. Heavenly Father, I repent before You. I repent for every sin, known or unknown, for every hateful, mean word I ever spoke. I choose with my will to forgive any offenses. Please take them Lord, and cleanse me. May the blood of Jesus wash over me so the accuser can’t speak against me. Forgive me Lord. Release me from everything holding me away from You. I present anything keeping me in bondage or separate from You and place it before You Lord. (Tell the Lord anything on your heart that needs to be confessed.) I ask the case the enemy is presenting saying he has a legal right to hinder my destiny, devour my life, or try to resist my spiritual breakthrough be rescinded in Jesus name. I repent before You and ask You Lord to forgive me and cause satans case against me to be silenced. 
So now the case is closed. There remains no accusing voice of condemnation against those who are joined in life-union with Jesus, the Anointed One. For the “law” of the Spirit of life flowing through the anointing of Jesus liberated me from the “law” of sin and death. God achieved what the law was unable to accomplish, because the law was limited by the weakness of human nature. Romans 8: 1-3
May the blood of Jesus wash over me so the accuser of the brethren would not be able to speak against me. Heavenly Father, help me walk in the fear of the Lord, treat Your Holy Word with reverence, and tremble at Your Word. Lord, I decree I am forgiven in the name of Jesus. Thank You Lord for cleansing me from all unrighteousness. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Help me constantly echo God’s intense love for others. I receive His love as a canopy over my multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4: 8

Now, may the God of peace and harmony set me apart, making me completely holy. May my entire being—spirit, soul, and body—be kept completely flawless in the appearing of my Lord Jesus, the Anointed One. The one who calls me by name is trustworthy and will thoroughly complete His work in me. 1 Thessalonians 5: 23-24

Prepare me to receive Your body and blood as I remember You.
So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup. For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ, you are eating and drinking God’s judgment on yourself. That is why many of you are weak and sick and some have even died. 1 Corinthians 11: 27-30

For if we were judging ourselves thoroughly, we wouldn’t be coming under judgment. 1 Corinthians 11: 31

Jesus taught me to pray, Beloved Father, who is in Heaven, Holy is Your Name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give me this day my daily bread, and forgive me my trespasses as I forgive those who trespass against me. I choose with my will to forgive every offense, whether I am aware of it or not. Lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever, Amen!
I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and said, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and His people—an agreement confirmed with My blood. Do this in remembrance of Me as often as you drink it.” For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until He comes again.
1 Corinthians 11: 23-26
Hold the bread, a symbol of Jesus’ body. Jesus asked me to eat this to remember He gave His body for me. I am doing this to remind myself and declare the truth I am in covenant with Jesus and as He lives in me in perfect unity no sickness can dwell in me, and I am the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5: 21

Christ celebrated His victory in advance when He gave the disciples the bread and wine at the Last Supper. The elements represent His body and blood. I remember the horrible price Jesus paid to redeem me. It represents the greatest victory in the history of creation. Satan was defeated, the curse was broken. I was restored into blessing. Jesus redeemed me back into the family of God. The peace and presence of God is in communion. Fill my body and my home as I take part of this bread and drink and praise You for Your love. Melt me, mold me, fill me and use me Lord to do Your work as You call me.

Thank You, Jesus, for becoming one of us, the Son of Man, to bring me back into Your family. You are the Bread of Life and as I take this bread it reminds me, I am to partake continually of Your life. Father, thank You for sending Jesus to live and die for me. The Son of God gave Himself up so I could live! Thank You His body was raised back to life. Thank You because of the grace of Jesus I have real life, and I can live forever with You. Thank You for giving me complete healing and life because Jesus suffered in my place. Amen. (Go ahead and eat the bread.)

Hold the cup, a symbol of Jesus’ blood. Jesus asked me to drink to remember my sins are washed away by the powerful new covenant Jesus made possible between God and me. Christ’s blood on the mercy seat of heaven guarantees this new covenant. Please show me mercy because of His blood. I drink to honor and place my faith fully in the shed blood of Jesus for the remission of my sins. I remember His blood does more than cleanse me of sin. It makes me a new creation in Christ Jesus. I am born again. I celebrate this great victory over sin and the curse. I receive health, wholeness, and salvation today. I decree through the blood of Christ, satan is forever defeated. Father, thank You for Your love for me. You allowed Your only Son to literally be poured out so I could live in a fully restored relationship with You with the promise of eternal life in heaven. Jesus’ shed blood was poured out in sacrifice for my sins to restore life and make it possible to redeem my life.
My heart soars with joyful gratitude when I think of how God made me worthy to receive the glorious inheritance freely given to me by living in the light. He rescued me completely from the tyrannical rule of darkness and translated me into the kingdom realm of His beloved Son. For in the Son all my sins are canceled and I have the release of redemption through His very blood.
Colossians 1: 12-14
Thank You, Jesus, for giving your blood. I proclaim You are my Lord and Savior as I eat and drink in Your name.
Jesus was handed over to be crucified for the forgiveness of my sins and was raised back to life to prove He made me right with God!
Romans 4: 25
The blood of the cross is the means of my justification and the resurrection is the proof God now sees me as righteous in His eyes. The strength I receive from feeding on You spiritually empowers me to go forth and proclaim You to the world. The power of Christ’s redemption is greater than the power of sin and death. Amen. I bring my life and my family’s life under the covenant promise of communion. We are covered and hidden under the shadow of God’s wings. (Go ahead and drink the cup.)
Jesus Prophesies about Holy Spirit -
John 14: 15-21
“Loving Me empowers you to obey My commands. I will ask the Father and He will give you another Savior, the Holy Spirit of Truth, who will be to you a friend just like Me—and He will never leave you. The world won’t receive Him because they can’t see Him or know Him. But you know Him intimately because He remains with you and will live inside you.

“I promise I will never leave you helpless or abandon you as orphans—I will come back to you! Soon I will leave this world and they will see Me no longer, but you will see Me, because I will live again, and you will come alive too. So when that day comes, you will know I am living in the Father and you are one with Me, for I will be living in you. Those who truly love Me are those who obey My commands. Whoever passionately loves Me will be passionately loved by My Father. I will passionately love him in return and reveal myself to him.”
Praise You Father, for not only sending Your Son to die in my place for my sins, but choosing to go even further and sending Your Holy Spirit to live in me and lead me to all truth and to a deeper relationship with You. Please continue to reveal Yourself to me. Help me grow in my understanding of Your truth. Please fill me with Your love. Help me love You back with the same measure. Thank You for all Your abundant blessings.
This is why I continually thank God for my life, because I received God’s message wholeheartedly. I embrace it not as the fabrication of men but as the Word of God. The Word continues to be an energizing force in me who believes. 1 Thessalonians 2: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embracing Grace

As a Christian, what does your salvation mean? What are you forgiven for? What is a relationship with God? When God says He forgives you and...