Saturday, April 9, 2022

Freedom Focused Faith



What is freedom focused faith about? It emphasizes the only real freedom we can enjoy. When we choose to put our faith in Jesus and trust the one and only God of the universe we are freed from the bondage of sin. Sin separates us from God. God invites us to be a part of His family by simply choosing to no longer sin and to accept Jesus sacrifice for us that cleanses us of all our sin and makes us whole and acceptable to stand before our Father as His child.

“I speak eternal truth,” Jesus said. “When you sin you are not free. You’ve become a slave in bondage to your sin. And slaves have no permanent standing in a family, like a son does, for a son is a part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free from sin, then become a true son and be unquestionably free! John 10: 34-36

I know the truth, and the truth sets me free. John 8: 32
What do I believe? We all sin and live in a fallen world corrupted and contaminated with sin and the consequences of sin. The consequence of sin is death. Paul teaches us this in Romans 6:

What are we to do, then? Should we sin to our hearts’ content since there’s no law to condemn us anymore? What a terrible thought! Don’t you realize grace frees you to choose your own master? But choose carefully, for you surrender yourself to become a servant—bound to the one you choose to obey. If you choose to love sin, it will become your master, and it will own you and reward you with death. But if you choose to love and obey God, He will lead you into perfect righteousness.

And thanks be to God, for in the past you were servants of sin, but now your obedience is heart deep, and your life is being molded by truth through the teaching you are devoted to. And now you celebrate your freedom from your former master—sin. You’ve left its bondage, and now God’s perfect righteousness holds power over you as His loving servants.

I’ve used the familiar terms of a “servant” and a “master” to compensate for your weakness to understand. For just as you surrendered your bodies and souls to impurity and lawlessness, which only brought more lawlessness into your lives, so now surrender yourselves as servants of righteousness, which brings you deeper into true holiness. For when you were bound as servants to sin, you lived your lives free from any obligation to righteousness.

So tell me, what benefit ensued from doing those things you’re now ashamed of? It left you with nothing but a legacy of shame and death. But now, as God’s loving servants, you live in joyous freedom from the power of sin. So consider the benefits you now enjoy—you are brought deeper into the experience of true holiness that ends with eternal life! For sin’s meager wages is death, but God’s lavish gift is life eternal, found in your union with our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One. Romans 6: 15-23
What glorious news! Not only are we free from the curse of sin but we can live in joyous freedom! Our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord places a supernatural peace inside us and we can experience joy no matter what is happening around us. On top of that, we are given the gift of eternal life. Death may take our physical body at some point, but we are confident our soul will live forever in Heaven.

Now we take the next step and choose to live a life dedicated to God and doing what He created us to do. We turn our back on sin. We choose to no longer sin. Yes, it is possible to not sin anymore.
God’s marvelous grace manifested in person, bringing salvation for everyone. This same grace teaches me how to live each day as I turn my back on ungodliness and indulgent lifestyles, and it equips me to live a self-controlled, upright, godly life in this present age. I continue to wait for the fulfillment of my hope in the dawning splendor of the glory of my great God and Savior, Jesus, the Anointed One. He sacrificed Himself for me that He might purchase my freedom from every lawless deed and to purify for Himself a people who are His very own, passionate to do what is beautiful in His eyes. Titus 2: 11-14

He saved me, resurrecting me through the washing of rebirth. I am made completely new by the Holy Spirit, whom He splashed over me richly by Jesus, the Messiah, my Life Giver. Titus 3: 6
Did you catch that? We are equipped with the ability to live a self-controlled, upright, godly life here and now. When we accept Jesus into our hearts as our Lord and Savior and make Him ruler over our life, we are made brand new by Holy Spirit who now lives in us. Holy Spirit is our secret superpower living in us to help us make the right choices to live a life pleasing and acceptable to God our Almighty Father. If we mess up and do something wrong, Holy Spirit will convict us and show us. All we need to do is say we are sorry and ask for forgiveness and God will forgive us. Then we move forward and don’t do it again.

Please pray with me today.

Lord Jesus, thank You I am washed by the blood, covered by the blood, saved by the blood, healed by the blood, and you devil can’t defeat the blood! I am blood bought and this blood of Jesus is my enforcer of my covenant. What I declare in faith God will do. I am above and not beneath. God fills me with His fire, authority, and divine intel to raise me up in and with an unshakable fortified faith that can’t be taken away from me. I feel His fire and it can’t be stolen. I walk in ferocious faith. I’m ready for new assignments. I walk in His grace, His anointing and His power.

This is why I continually thank God for my life, because I received God’s message wholeheartedly. I embrace it not as the fabrication of men but as the Word of God. The Word continues to be an energizing force in me who believes. 1 Thessalonians 2: 13

I fill my thoughts with God’s words
until they penetrate deep into my spirit.
Then, as I unwrap His words,
they will impart true life and radiant health
into the very core of my being.
So above all, I guard the affections of my heart,
for they affect all I am.
I pay attention to the welfare of my innermost being,
for from there flows the wellspring of life.
Proverbs 4: 21-23


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embracing Grace

As a Christian, what does your salvation mean? What are you forgiven for? What is a relationship with God? When God says He forgives you and...